Thursday, July 12, 2012

I will do better the next meal!

Cupcakes are a weakness of mine.... Yesterday evening was my two new nieces birthday parties. As most of you know my mom got married last week to a great guy and not only did I get an awesome father figure but I also got two pretty awesome siblings! Barry's daughter and her husband are stationed in Massachusetts and they have two daughters, Kaitlyn and Emma. Both are summer babies so we decided to celebrate their birthdays Texas style! Both girls got Texas shaped cakes and then we had cupcakes..... So before dinner I gave in to my desire and at a cupcake. If you follow Weight Watchers then you know that they are a whopping 9 points a piece! After eating a cupcake, we followed it with dinner....Lasagna! Thankfully my new sister-in-law made it with turkey and low fat cheeses making one serving only 7 points. After dinner it was cupcake time! I promised myself I was NOT going to eat another cupcake!  Well......I gave in. And I am not going to lie, it was amazing! Came home and ate me a package of skinny cow chocolate/caramel clusters (4 pts) and headed to bed! I am allowed 32 points a day. My total for yesterdays foods was a whopping 53 points! WOW! At first I didn't want to track my food intake for the day. I knew it was going to be bad and I didn't even want to face it, but the fact is we have to if we want to do something about our weight. At my last weight watchers meeting our leader, Christine, reiterated the fact that we can always do better the next meal. Did you read that right? The next meal, NOT the next day. Don't give up just because you screw up. Keep striving to do better and never give up! It may take two years but you will get there!

2 comments:

  1. I know this feeling exactly! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! This is a daily struggle for me. I really strive to be as healthy as possible but it is hard sometimes!

      Delete